quote

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page." - St. Augustine

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome

Hello everyone and welcome to my little blog!

 I have tried in vain to maintain a blog before, but I just couldn't keep up with it. But, I'm hoping this time will be different. It seems I am going to have massive amounts of free time and my life might actually be interesting enough now to be worthy of a blog!

In case you didn't know or haven't yet picked up on the reason for my blog, I am now living and teaching in China. Yep, that's right, China. Don't ask me why or what on earth I was thinking - I've been asking myself that enough over the last couple of days. But right now I am just trying to keep an open mind about absolutely everything and hope that things will settle down as I get to know my new, if only temporary, home.

Just as a brief overview,  I arrived safe and sound after a 15 hour flight to Shanghai last Thursday Friday - sorry my sense of time has completely disappeared since I left the states! I stayed in Shanghai for orientation until Tuesday night when I left for Jiujiang where I will be living and teaching for the next 11 months. I'm just settling in and getting to know the campus before classes start on Monday. I'll post more detailed accounts of my journey and time in Shanghai soon if you're interested, but the highlights reel says Shanghai was awesome and now I'm settling in in Jiujiang.

Again, thanks for visiting and I'll post more updates and some pictures soon!

Caroline








No comments:

Post a Comment